Marvel Playing Cards make the ultimate gift for any fan of The Avengers, The Infinity Saga, and the MCU in general. These premium playing cards by Theory11 feature all of your favourite heroes and villains from the world’s most popular superhero franchise.
The design and characters inside each pack are the same, it’s just the box and the back of the cards that are different colours. So take your pick from Thanos Purple and Iron Man Red or get one of each for the full collection!
For those who don’t know much about The Avengers and are buying this as a gift for someone, the following information may help:
- Purple – Thanos’ colour, he is the main villain of the infinity saga. This is the most popular deck.
- Red – Iron Man’s / Tony Stark’s colour, he is one of the main heroes of the infinity saga. This is the second most popular deck.
What makes these ‘Marvel Playing Cards’ so special?
These cards are printed in the USA by Theory 11 (one of the highest-regarded playing card manufacturers in the world), on FSC-certified card gathered from sustainable forests, and printed using vegetable-based inks and starch-based laminates. These cards are officially licensed by Marvel. Theory 11’s motto ‘Cerca Trova’ (‘Seek and ye shall find’) is certainly true here, and the more you look, the more details you will find.
The cards feature the following characters:
- Iron Man in Mark L suit (King of Hearts)
- Captain America with helmet, shield, and Thor’s Hammer (King of Spades)
- Star-Lord / Peter Quill with quad blaster, mask, and mix-tape (Jack of Clubs)
- Black Panther with mask, claws, and Wakandan armour (King of Diamonds)
- Thor with Mjollnir the Hammer, and Stormbreaker the Axe (King of Clubs)
- Hulk with Ragnarok centurion helmet, toga, and Sakaaran Battle Axe (Jack of Diamonds)
- Spider-man with Stark Suit, mask, and webs (Jack of Hearts)
- Thanos with Double-Edged Sword and Infinity Stones (Joker)
- Loki with horned helmet, daggers and Tesseract (Joker)
- Hawkeye with bow and Ant-Man on the tip of the spear, and Ronin with hood and blade (Jack of Spades)
- Captain Marvel with laser beams, helmet and mohawk (Queen of Hearts)
- Black Widow with electroshock batons (Queen of Clubs)
- Scarlet Witch with circular laser beams and Wasp in the background (Queen of Diamonds)
- Valkyrie with spear, armour, and Dragonfang sword (Queen of Spades)
- Eye of Agamotto (Ace of Spades)
Even more nerdy details…
Although Dr Strange is not one of the court cards, his spell discs feature heavily on the outer box packaging with many other character icons embossed in gold foil accents, including:
- Dr Strange’s Hourglass symbol
- Captain Marvel’s Hala Star Symbol
- Scarlet Witch’s Force-Field Symbol
- Mjollnir / Thor’s Hammer
- The Infinity Stones
- The Infinity Gauntlet
- Hawkeye’s Arrows
- Spiderman’s Webs
- Wakandan Patterns
- Captain America’s Shield
- Tony Stark’s Arc Reactor
- The Avenger’s Logo
- Hulk’s Fist
- Spiderman’s Chest Logo.
The pips on the hearts also have an arc reactor inside – proof that Tony Stark has a heart!